Agile Project Manager
Stentle is looking for an Agile Project Manager to be inserted in the Delivery area and will be responsible for budgeting, planning, leading, organizing, and motivating agile project teams to reach project business goals. He/She will frequently interact with the client in order to better define/update project scope during the time as well as share acceptance criteria for the main stories.
While performing the above mentioned activities the Agile Project Manager will be expected to leverage his/her knowledge of traditional project management practices with Scrum/Kanban principles and tools in order to manage the execution of the project in fast paced iterative environment without missing the long-term view of the project providing the right balance of agility and predictability.
Skills & Experience:
- Project Planning and Management – Define project scope and schedule while focusing on regular and timely delivery of value; organize and lead project status and working meetings; prepare and distribute progress reports; manage risks and issues; correct deviations from plans; and perform delivery planning for assigned projects;
- Team Management – Assist in team development while holding teams accountable for their commitments, removing roadblocks to their work; leveraging organizational resources to improve capacity for project work; and mentoring and developing team members;
- Product Owner Support – Support the Product Owner in managing customer expectations for project deliverables, managing stakeholder communications, and helping to implement an effective system of project governance;
- Process Management and Improvement – Define and manage a well-defined project management process and champion ongoing process improvement initiatives to implement best practices for Agile Project Management;
- Team building – promote empowerment of the team, ensure that each team member is fully engaged in the project and making a meaningful contribution, and encourage a sustainable pace with high-levels of quality for the team.
- Solid understanding of software development life cycle models as well as expert knowledge of both Agile and traditional project management principles and practices and the ability to blend them together in the right proportions to fit a project and business environment;
- A proven track record of successfully implementing software or web development projects using Agile methodologies including 5+ years of experience as a Project Manager managing medium/high projects in digital/IT development environment with multi-function teams;
- Automating the build and the deploy of the product;
- Prior experience with SCRUM/Agile methodologies with enterprise-level application development projects;
- Experience overseeing multi-function project teams with at least 5 -8 team members including Service/UX Designers, Developers, Business Analysts, and QA Personnel;
- Balanced business/technical background:
Sufficient level of technical background to provide highly-credible leadership to development teams and to be able to accurately and objectively evaluate complex project risks and issues.
Ability to provide leadership to business analysts and collaborate with customers and develop strategies and solutions of high business value.
- BA or BS or equivalent experience is required;
- Strong interpersonal skills including mentoring, coaching, collaborating, and team building;
- Strong analytical, planning, and organizational skills with an ability to manage competing demands;
- Strong knowledge and understanding of business needs with the ability to establish/maintain high level of customer trust and confidence;
- Proven ability to lead software development projects (with mixed local/remote team members) and ensure objectives, goals, and commitments are met;
- Solid understanding of and demonstrated experience in using appropriate tools: Agile Project Management tools such as Jira, Trello or equivalent, Office Tools;
- Excellent oral and written communications skills and experience interacting with both business and IT individuals at all levels including the executive level;
- Creative approach to problem-solving with the ability to focus on details while maintaining the “big picture” view;
- Fluent in English.